Monday, November 21, 2016

Sherwood Forest--Dwell ain't like reflect.

Salamualayk ! J




Last time I mentioned that it’s been a while I didn’t go hike. Well, to cheer things up, me and my friend went for jungle-trekking that weekend to Sherwood Forest. Robin Hood spot, I would call it as the forest is maintained by concerned citizens at its best. We were thrilled for the fact that we actually were there for a day, tried to remember bits of the myth from children’s books we used to read before. 


Sherwood entrance-credit to N.N


It was a well-spent day for me.

Most trees are sustained/ supported by metal panels 

Of course, I would elaborate my answer as usual. 

That was a nice day for me because I simply had a not-so-motivational week. This forest has not much difference than others but what makes it so special is because of its well-known history. We often find videos with titles like “humanity restored” or “there’s still nice people living among us”, etc. Basically, kindness never disappears. It got caught up with a number of people who merely understand what kindness really is but obviously there’s still nice people living among us.

Ferns under midday sunlight

Robin Hood’s story is one of many stories we’ve heard about and these type of stories unconsciously made us re-think our judgements in daily lives or as simple as realising that the world is not as cruel as we knew of.  It never does. We just tend to think that it is because of stories we have heard or seen or experienced in which sometimes are not enough for us, humans with humane ability in everything, to say so. Allah provides us time to reflect upon every single life event which could consume one’s whole life or a split second just so we understand what kindness really means. He, The Most Merciful Lord, knows all of course understands all never act cruel to us. 

Stories are for us to learn from not to dwell on. 


Trying my best to capture on my phone what my eyes saw- credit to N.N

That’s it from me now. Au revoir. 

No comments:

Post a Comment